Luckily i penned almost everyday in cambodia using my yep diary. Now i juz need to type out wad i wrote and elaborate on it.. Only this way.. i can forever remember the events that had happened. Day 1 in cambodia: (11/12/2008-- thursday)I reached changi airport at quarter to 4am. Morale was lower when agnes couldn’t board the plane coz she didn’t realize her passport was less than 6months. Omg. Already steph, jing kai and reena.. now another one.. is this even a yep team? Was a bit scared what could happen over there since unlucky things already happened before we even leave sg. I was a bit tired but couldn’t sleep bcoz the plane is ultra uncomfortable. Jetstar is simply too small to be true. I can’t even stretch my leg out. I have never sit before such a small plane.
We reached siem reap airport at 8am. We alighted from the plane by stairs. My first impression was omg, so lok kok, got to go out of the plane by stairs?? But my first impression of siem reap was actually better than what I imagined coz cp said the airport is like kampong. Instead, I felt that the structure of the airport quite traditional which reminded me of bali. Luckyman (the host) welcomed us at the airport. I was shocked to see how small the bus was. It’s amazing the bus could squeeze 16 of us plus our luggage. We had breakfast at a dimly lit coffee shop. We had bee hoon soup which I thot was very salty.
After that, I thought the driver would immediately send us to the orphanage where we would stay for the next 10 days. 天啊!哪里知道,他送我们去 puok district to let us visit the students of the small school located at puok district. After they finished their English lessons, they played games with us. We played 2 kinds of running games, one is aka the couple game and one is the beating game. I realized they really enjoyed running. Damn tired k after playing. Gary was the most sway.. he ran countless times. I was the 2nd or 3rd sway person, keep running. Just 2nd hour in Cambodia, I could detect the language barrier btw us and them. I tried talking to the girls beside me. “what’s your name? How old are you?” No response from them. Okie, nvm. Maybe they are just shy. I tried again. “How to play this game? You know what animal you want to be?” No response again. Sian face from me. Forget it man. Blah. >.<>
Wah, there are a lot of dogs. Omg. I love to see animals. Hee hee. 天啊again ! As expected, the road of Cambodia is cui too.. Sand made road..We walked past the market filled with houseflies before having our lunch. We had our lunch at the outskirt of siem reap. We had fried rice. The food was quite Okie. Edible. After that, we visited a temple painted in yellow instead of gold and there are lotsa crocodiles near there. Grossness and scary! After that, we went back to the puok district school to rest. Why can’t he send us to the orphanage for us to put down our luggage? Already super tired. Had my first experience of dirty toilet at the school there. Horrible. The floor was wet. I didn’t even know what my bare legs were stepping on. Pure water or pure water + urine?? Worst part was can’t throw the tissue into the toilet bowl, so got to throw the paper into a plastic bag first. It’s still not the end of the day yet and the entry is already so long. We went to another sch to teach the students English using story books. Their eng std is low as they only know how to pronounce words yet don know the real meaning. We also played games with them. More running.. was called twice to run. Today is juz the 1st day.. how about tomolo? Can’t imagine how tiring the whole trip will be. Wah haha.. finally we r able to go the orphanage to put down our luggages. Conditions are a lot better than what I imagined. I imagined the whole team living in straw houses, bucket system toilet, yellow colored light bulbs and water for bathing in a large vat filled with leaves and frogs.We went out for dinner. Walked a road full of sand for 40mins just to eat fried rice. Yucky msg filled rice. But saw something interesting that made my eyes lit up. Petrol! Green and yellow petrol. Wonder wads the diff?